For many organizations, asset management may seem like a complicated and time-consuming endeavor. It does not have to be! Organizations responsible for infrastructure are constantly undertaking projects to replace, or add new assets, and the implementation of an Asset Management program will help to protect these investments and prolong the life of the equipment. An asset management program should answer the five core questions of asset management:
- What is the current state of my assets?
- What is my required level of service (LOS)?
- Which assets are critical to sustained performance?
- What are my best O&M and CIP investment strategies?
- What is my best long-term funding strategy?
This presentation presents the steps and concepts with implementing an asset management program aligned with answering the 5 core questions.« Back to Glossary Index