Our Legislative committee, spearheaded by Chaz Miller, has been hard at work reviewing 2023 legislative initiatives, working with legislators, and testifying when necessary. We’ve responded to 7 bills offering our input and recommendations (see below). Click here
for a list of bills we are currently following as well as our responses when applicable.
HB0031 Environment – Products and Packaging – Labeling, Marketing, and Advertising for Recycling - Supports with one amendment.
- HB0109 Task Force on Recycling Policy and Recycling and Waste Systems in Maryland - Supports
- HB0255/SB0260 Maryland Paint Stewardship - Supports
- HB0284/SB0222 Environment – Reducing Packaging Materials – Producer Responsibility - Supports EPR for packaging; however, offers several suggested amendments as well as requests clarification on parts of the legislation.
- HB0342 Environment - Plastic Products - Postconsumer Recycled Content Program - Supports with suggested changes.
- HB0586/SB0782 State Procurement - Purchasing Preferences - Compost, Mulch, and Soil Amendments - Supports with amendments.
- HB0847/SB0447 Anaerobic Digestion Workgroup - Supports
*Stay up to date on all our legislative efforts on our Legislative & Regulatory
2023 MRN/SWANA Mid-Atlantic Conference:
Thank you to all who responded to our conference topic survey. Based on your interests, the Committee is finalizing the preliminary program. Stay tuned for more information. In the meantime, registration is open