Would you like to help plan the 2023 conference program?
Program planning for next year’s conference starts in January. Let us know by email
if you’d like to participate. We’ll be holding a handful of one-hour calls every other week beginning Friday, January 20. All you need to bring are your interest and ideas!
Mark your calendar for our 2023 programs:
• January 26 – EPA National Recycling Grants Update (webinar)
• February 23 – Maryland Markets Update (webinar)
• March 30 – Re-Use Options in Maryland (webinar)
• April 27 – The Fourth R: Don’t Waste Durham (webinar)
• June 12 – MRN/SWANA Mid-Atlantic Annual Conference
In other industry news:
Grants for Polystyrene Recycling
– Fayette County, Pennsylvania received a $49,000 grant from the Foodservice Packaging Institute’s Foam Recycling Coalition (FRC) to add a foam densifier system to the drop-off center to recycle foam polystyrene including cups, plates, egg cartons, takeout clamshells, and electronics packaging. The grant supports the purchase of a Foam Cycle system that densifies PS foam into foam ingots at a compaction ratio of 90:1, removing 98% of the air from the loose material. Visit www.RecycleFoam.org
to learn more about foam recycling, read about previous recipients, or apply for a grant.
Recycled Rubber Coalition White Paper
– The Recycled Rubber Coalition has released a white paper that includes its policy priorities to manage tire waste responsibly. Recommendations include actions such as: increase research funding, codify environmental standards, establish preference in federal purchasing, create tax incentives for equipment and facilities, and implement new tire fees. You can find the report at www.recycledrubbercoalition.org
Happy Holidays! See you next year!!