“You make a living by what you get.
You make a life by what you give.”
– Winston Churchill
If you really want to get the most from your association, get involved. Ask any truly engaged volunteer and you’ll invariably hear “I got more than I gave.”
- By volunteering, you can…
√ Expand your professional network
√ Broaden your perspective
√ Enhance your skills
√ Build your resume
√ Make a difference for your profession
√ Make a difference for yourself!
“Don’t ever question the value of volunteers. Noah’s Ark was built by volunteers; the Titanic was built by professionals.”
There are lots of ways you can get involved with MRN and help us bring value to your peers and your profession. The time commitment for each varies, but rarely exceeds a few hours per month and some roles can be taken on for however long and whenever is convenient for you!
- Webinar/Virtual Lunch Team – Help produce 6-8 webinars and workshops each year which help members meet their educational needs.
- Annual Conference Team – Help develop program for the MRN Annual Conference which helps members meet their networking and educational needs.
- News Team – Collect and/or write informative articles which enhance members’ recycling knowledge via our e-letters and website.
- Website Team – Help us update and maintain content of the MRN website to ensure availability of current, high quality counseling information for our members.
- Knowledge Base Team – Identify critical issues for recyclers in MD and solicit solutions for the MRN knowledge base.
- Membership Team – Help us develop and execute membership recruitment and retention programs to sustain and grow the association.
Interested? Pick up an application at the registration desk or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get in touch and see how you can make the most of your membership and MRN!